One month ago we launched the Kickstarter campaign for Antidote: A Game of Deduction, Deception and Mortality. The moment of launch was almost as exciting as the past few days as we’ve raced past stretch goal after stretch goal. Now, with only a few hours left to go before the project concludes, I’d like to leave a few thoughts here:
1. This has been a truly unforgettable experience: Nothing feels quite like 2,000+ people getting on board with a project that we have felt so strongly about and agonized over for the past two years.
2. The community of people on Kickstarter is amazing: We have received so many comments, personal messages and congratulatory remarks from people who we’ve never even met. The community itself has been pushing this project forward, making it into something really special.
3. The past month has been a blur: 30 days is such a short period of time. It is hard to believe everything that has happened in these four short weeks. I’m so glad we chose the time of year that we did for this project since the extra hours at night and in the morning have been heavily utilized.
4. We’re so thankful!: Friends and family in particular have gone out of their way to support the project in ways not expected. My wife in particular has had to put up with a lot of extra time spent working on, talking about, playing and helping with all things Antidote.
5. There is a lot more to do!: Now that we’re about to fund, we have a promise to fulfill to our backers. Over 1500 games will be manufactured and shipped people across the world. This is no small task and it is certainly not one we take lightly. We will be working hard on Antidote from today until the day we finally see the rewards fulfilled and in our backers hands.
Thanks again to all of our backers and supporters. This was an impossible task without your help!