This update was originally posted to Kickstarter on 6/29/15.
Hi everyone! We’ve been knocking out a lot of small details in the past week for Swamped. Its been good! I’ve listed the things we’ve worked-on below:
- Shipping Drop Site: For those of you who added-on for Drop Site and contacted us wanting it to be delivered early, we sent it out this past week. You should be getting it soon!
- Proofing: We’re continuing to knock-out card artwork proofs. Proofing is just the process of double/triple-checking the artwork for print. Its important and time consuming work.
- Artwork: We’ve already finished-up the Executive Adventurer Card based on the likeness of our Executive Backer so now the last card that still needs to be designed is the Herbologist Adventurer Card. We have received a photo from our Herbologist backer are are beginning the process of stylizing it for Swamped.
- Rule Editing and Expansion Testing: I’m floored by the quick response from so many of you wanting to help play test the expansion rules for Swamped! I’m even more amazed (and thankful for) how quickly some of you were able to do this and give us feedback already! This helps our process move more quickly. If you are still hoping to provide feedback, it is not too late. More is still needed!
- Analyzing Manufacturing Quotes: Although we received several quotes prior to planning the Kickstarter campaign, we’ve been contacted by several more manufacturers in the time since we launched. I’ve been spending a lot of time communicating with these folks, obtaining additional quotes, comparing prices and quality and making decisions about who to go with. As of today, I’ve narrowed the field down to two! I’ll make the final decision when the artwork is done.
If it wasn’t enough that I (Dennis) have spent considerable time moving over the past couple of weeks, now Jonathan (our artist/graphic designer) is about to begin a big move as well! Fortunately, we’ve been planning for this for a while, so it won’t put our projections back, but you can imagine there will be less art/design progress to report to you over the next couple of updates.
I don’t think we ever shared a close-up of the above-pictured Adventurer Card with you during the campaign, so here is a quick look at the “Official.”