“This is a game I could get lost in for HOURS!” – Tim Blackburn (The Kentucky Bored Gamer)
Today we launched Coldwater Crown, the strategic fishing game from designer Brian Suhre on Kickstarter. Coldwater Crown is a full-sized euro-style worker-placement board game about a fishing tournament in the North Atlantic, and it has been drawing a lot of attention and some great reviews! Here are just a few of the things that have been said:
- “My [Origins] game of the convention. […] What a cool design!” – Zinger (Chalkboard Reviews)
- “Highlight of Origins [Game Fair] for me!” – Kevin Delp (Tantrum House Reviews)
- “Our daughter REALLY took to this game and even kicked our butts at it. That’s saying a lot really. She’s not much for worker placement games. Now she asks WHEN we’re going to play this one!” – Tim Blackburn (The Kentucky Bored Gamer Reviews)
- “Perfect theme matched to a clever mechanic.” – James Hudson (Druid City Games)
- “I don’t like fishing. I love this game!” – James Sander-Cederlof (Playtester)
The game features artwork from the incredibly talented Beth Sobel and is a perfect follow-up to Brian Suhre’s break-out hit Paradox. A pledge for a copy of the game is $44, with shipping included for backers in the US. In addition, all copies pledged for during the (short) 22 day campaign will come with the special Jetsam Promo Pack that will not be packaged for retail. Click here to go to the campaign page, and make your pledge!